Dan Burnett is a world-class singer and multi-instrumental musician. It’s in his blood.
He was spoon-fed soul, blues, funk, and rock music from an early age, and began learning to play after receiving a keyboard for his 3rd birthday. With his mother’s encouragement and father’s guidance, before his teens Dan was playing gigs throughout Yorkshire in his dad’s blues band – and from then on live performance became a way of life.
Dan’s father (Laurie Burnett) was a hugely respected guitarist who, in addition to leading various blues/rock bands, toured and recorded with members of David Bowie’s ‘Spiders from Mars’ in a spin-off band called ‘U-Boat’. In his early teens, Laurie’s passion for music was helped along with guitar tuition from his good friend, the legendary Mick Ronson.
Along with an average of 150-200 gigs per year, Dan is also a library music composer for film and TV. He has co-written and recorded music which featured on ‘Stolen’ (Nicolas Cage), and ‘Supernatural’ (USA TV series), among many others. Since 2014, Dan has been an international endorser of Kawai Pianos.
Notable events include:
- Tracks from ‘Small World EP’ included in Caffe Nero’s international playlist.
- Became an official Spotify and Shazam artist.
- Showcased nationally on BBC Radio’s ‘Georgey Tonight’ in January 2018 as ‘Artist of the week’, with the show reaching over 1.2m listeners.
- Featured in national news publications, and on various radio shows with airplay and live interviews.
- Recorded and released ‘Small World EP’, which received international acclaim and airplay, and reached #5 in the 2017 UK *IBBA charts – only 6 weeks after release. The EP was also the *IBBA’s second most played recording in December, across the network of over 60 radio shows. *Independent Blues Broadcasters Association.
- Reviewed in Blues In Britain magazine (live gig review / Small World EP – November).
- Performed at The Great British R&B Festival, Colne (Lancs) solo, and with Clay Shelburn (USA).
- Worked alongside Roland Europe and featured in a video for the release of their new piano products in ‘The Future. Redefined’ global event.
- Nominated in the 2016 British Blues Awards (‘Keyboard player of the year’).
- Launched ‘E.P.’ with a solo tour in New York City. Kawai Pianos USA provided stage piano and equipment for the trip.
- ‘E.P.’ was featured on BBC Radio 2’s ‘The Blues Show with Paul Jones’.
- Solo tour of Fuerteventura, Canary Islands.
- Nominated in the 2015 British Blues Awards (‘Keyboard player of the year’).